Based on a study, Quality Planning, a research firm which used data from insurance companies between Feb. 2009 and Feb. 2010 in its analysis, has identified the 10 most ticketed cars based on a comparison with the national average.
There are some clear standouts based on this data. Perhaps nothing is more blaring than the fact that speeders prefer foreign cars. Toyota was an odd surprise with its Camry rolling in decisively at No. 2, as well as its Scion brand occupying the No. 3 and No. 5 spots. Daimler was another standout on this list, with the SL-Class, CLS-63, and CLK-63 taking the No. 1, No. 6, and No. 9 spots on this most-ticketed list. Honda Motor also gets a token mention on the list with the Acura Integra at No. 7.
Another interesting factoid to note about Quality Planning’s research is that the average age of speeders, with the exception of the two Scion’s and the Integra, was between 40 and 53. This defies the popular belief that younger drivers are the ones which are most prone to speed and get a ticket. It also means that middle-aged consumers may be the most in love with their cars and should be one of the most heavily targeted audiences of carmakers.
Even though General Motors’ Cadillac isn’t among the most ticketed vehicles, GM’s efforts to push its new line of Cadillac’s on a slightly younger audience, primarily the middle-aged to upper-middle-aged American consumer, could be right in the wheelhouse for obtaining high brand loyalty among consumers. Combine Cadillac’s fresher look for many of its vehicles with its extremely high dependability ratings in the annual J.D. Power survey and it could mean the brand is headed in the right direction.
Obviously getting a ticket isn’t a good thing, but the breakdown of who is getting tickets could tell us a quite a bit more than expected about what cars consumers love to drive and where their brand loyalties lie.
Without further ado… your Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Get You A Ticket:
10. Volkswagen GTI, 1.78 times more likely to get a ticket
9. Mercedes-Benz CLK 63 AMG, 1.79 times more likely to get a ticket
8. Pontiac Grand Prix, 1.82 times more likely to get a ticket
7. Acura Integra, 1.85 times more likely to get a ticket
6. Mercedes-Benz CLS-63 AMG, 2.64 times more likely to get a ticket
5. Scion xB, 2.7 times more likely to get a ticket
4. Hummer H2, 2.92 times more likely to get a ticket
3. Scion tC, 3.43 times more likely to get a ticket
2. Toyota Camry, 3.49 times more likely to get a ticket
1. Mercedes-Benz SL-Class, 4.04 times more likely to get a ticket
Be safe out there.
Source: The Motley Fool